SIA Approved Contractors Scheme (ACS)
With over 400 clients across the UK, the SIA Approved Contractors Scheme (ACS) is one of the most common accreditations within the manned guarding sector, although it is a voluntary scheme!
So, what are the benefits of being an SIA ACS approved contractor. The ACS enhances the way you run your company, helps you understand and improve your staff communication and bring your clients closer to you and help you achieve an overall higher standard service.
Why be ACS approved?
- The SIA Approved Contractor Scheme gives your company the opportunity to distinguish itself as one of the best providers of private security services in the UK. As the SIA undertakes stringent background checks on the companies past, current directors, insurance etc to ensure the company is honest, legal and most all worthy of the ACS status.
- Becoming an approved contractor also offers valuable operational advantages: your company could get special dispensation to deploy security staff while their licence applications are being processed. Security companies not holding ACS status are breaking the law by supplying non licensed security staff to any client. This gives you the flexibility to provide emergency cover, decrease shift blow outs and enable you to have a pool of staff working through training and licensing on an ongoing basis without licenses during their probation period.
- The benefits that the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme can deliver to buyers of private security services is widely communicated to local authorities, government departments and the commercial sector. There is also a Register of SIA Approved Contractors for buyers to refer to via the internet and telephone when selecting suppliers.
- When you display your ACS accreditation mark, you are assuring your customers, prospects and employees that they've chosen to work with one of the very best security providers in the business.
- ACS accreditation is even looked at by insurers as BD7858 is incorporated into the ACS. BS7858 ensures that all of your staff are screened and vetted. This helps reduce internal and external staff issues like theft, dishonesty and violence at work. Most insurers now insist on having at least BS7858 before they will ensure a security company for this reason.
- It is not mandantory to have your QMS certified to ISO9001 for ACS, but you must meet the criteria and have an acceptable quality management system in place.
- Overall having ACS does more than being a sales advantage, it puts your company above the rest, with the best as you have been audited to the highest standard in the security industry.
See how we can helpWe are primarily Security and Fire Alarm Industry Management System Consultants but can help your business whatever industry you are in.
- Call us 020 8873 0522
- Email us [email protected]